Organization of the Library

HomeAbout UsOrganization of the Library

The Mark Twain Library Association is a private, non-profit corporation providing free public library services to the town of Redding. Roughly 60% of its operating budget is funded by an annual grant from the town of Redding; the remaining 40% is raised by volunteers led by a 15 member Board of Trustees. 

Library operations are overseen the Board, who serve for a maximum of two three-year terms. Board members are elected at the Association’s annual meeting in June. As of June 2017, the members of the board are: Jennifer Wastrom (President), Elaine Sanders (Vice President), Katharine Dusenbury (Secretary), Betsy Higgins (Treasurer), Joey Davey, Richard Emerson, Terry Stratton Flagg, Tom Hauser, Grady Jensen, Midge Loery, Angela Matsuoka, Michael Rigby, Pam Robey, Eric Rubury, and Rochelle Williston.

Individuals who donate to the library’s annual appeal or who make other monetary contributions during a given calendar year are identified as “Friends of the Library”. They also become members of the Association for that year and are invited to participate in the library’s annual meeting.